04-04-2010

Am having a hard time getting a grip on the U.v.A. search machine which produces confusing results to my queries. 'Lyon' as place of imprint results in only one hit, whereas 'Lugduni' produces non at all. Putting 'Lyon' and 'Lugduni' (excluding 'Batavorum') in the space 'any words' and specifying '1470-1600',  results in 323 records. Leaving out the exclusion of 'Batavorum' does NOT include an overwhelming amount of Leiden imprints, but does seem to produce MORE Lyon titles!? Putting 'Lyon' or 'Lugduni' in other keywords options produces yet different results. Which only goes to show that one cannot fully depend on a computer, or maybe I need to extend my knowledge of search machine psychology. Keeping both options in mind, I will be using various search words until I am satisfied to have smoked out all 16th century Lyon imprints in possession of the U.v.A.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten