22-04-2010

Left Amsterdam for the Bourgogne via Sophie Calle in the De Pont Museum in Tilburg. A callous goodbye email, the last sentence being: Prenez soin de vous. Reflections, dissections, annotations by 107 women. Email-marginalia.
The last 300 kilometers through hilly country sunlight. Will start reading William Sherman's Used Books tomorrow. Sherman's work was kindly recommended to me some time ago and I was happily surprised to find a second hand copy in an  antiquarian bookstore nearby. The description on internet said: 'with pencil markings'. I found myself not liking the idea of someone else's markings. Strange, here I am, studying 16th/17th century marginalia while annotations by what is almost sure to be a peer might put me off? I decided to give the pencil marked book a chance. Tomorrow the proof of the pudding.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten